The 2014 conference is being held at the University of Edinburgh, between 4-7 September. It is chaired by Dr. Nuala Zahedieh
, and is themed:
"Better Together? Union and Disunion in the early modern Atlantic"
The provisional programme is available here, or by clicking on the link on the right.
We are delighted to announce that this year's BGEAH book club session will focus on Prof. Simon Newman's A New World of Labor: The Development of Plantation Slavery in the British Atlantic (University of Pennsylvania Press, 2013).
Conference delegates are urged to read the book in advance of the event, and you can avail yourselves of a welcome discount from the distributor by clicking here!
Registration is open and details and a form are available either by clicking on the links on the right or redirecting to: http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/history-classics-archaeology/history/news-events/bgeah-2014. This form can then be completed and returned to: Elaine.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Over the next few days a further link should become available on this University of Edinburgh page allowing delegates to pay online via PayPal.
- Nuala Zahedieh, University of Edinburgh
- Ben Marsh, University of Stirling
- Emma Hart , University of St. Andrews
- Richard Hall, University of Swansea (postgraduate representative)
- Tom Devine (University of Edinburgh)
- Phil Morgan (Johns Hopkins University)
- Simon Newman (University of Glasgow)